Schiit Loki

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Bad Andy, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Bad Andy

Bad Andy Well-Known Member

i came across this device online. Anyone use one? It has a bypass mode for the times you don’t want to degrade or alter the signal path. I think there might be times where adjusting the tone could really enhance the listening experience.

For the price, I am tempted to try one. Anyone have any experience or a solid reason why I should not? Online reviews seam mixed but mostly positive.

I could see if I had a real high end system, there might be better options.

My current setup is: Otofron 2M Blue - U-Turn Orbit - Mofi Studio Phono pre - Tube Cube 7 amp - Klipsch RB 61 ii speakers. Although I just bought a new to me amp from forum member Jaycee. I should have the NAD D3020 here on Friday.

While I like the little Tube Cube amp (3.5 watts per channel), I am hoping that the new NAD will offer more headroom. At low volumes, my systems sounds good. When I turn the volume up beyond 3/4 the bass falls a little flat. I am thinking it is a lack of power from the little unit to push out to the speakers. The Klipsch are efficient, and don’t take a lot to drive, but I will be very curious to see what a more powerful amp can do.

I am saving and eventually want to upgrade more of my system. I have my eyes on heritage Klipsch speakers (either Forte’s or Heresy’s). After that, I plan on upgrading to a Prima Luna in the future too. The incoming NAD amp is a place holder for now. Also interested to try out the additional features like Bluetooth and DAC that are built into that amp.

jaycee and AnthonyI like this.
  2. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy Well-Known Member

The NAD is an excellent match for the speakers you have now.

3. Bad Andy

Bad Andy Well-Known Member

NAD arrived today. Sounds great. Really liking the features on this amp.

With the bass boost feature (adds just the right amount of low end, but still sounds balanced), I may not need the Shiit Loki Mini equalizer.