SHIPPING INFO - How it works, and what to do if things go wrong

Discussion in 'Support and Q&A' started by PaulyB, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bluecloud777

Bluecloud777 Well-Known Member

My January box now arrived at Frankfurt Airport so I hope to have it the next days. :)

However, I still haven't heard from CS regarding the 4 missing records in my December package. It wasn't announced beforehand that they would be missing and I still haven't received any credit or refund for them. I've contacted CS early last Friday, so I hope I'll hear back from them today. It seems they still must be pretty busy.

2. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

UGH...Dumbpost strikes again.

Package got to California on the 8th. Drove up I-5 and was scanned IN SALEM on the 9th, it is now outside Portland on it's way to Seattle to where the nearest "Smart Post" facility is. Will then take 4 days to get back to Salem and do the handoff to USPS.

3. Bluecloud777

Bluecloud777 Well-Known Member

Pauly now responded to my message and sorted this out and credited me the money for the missing records as asked for by me. :)

Hollywood, Nathaniel D. and Mr Moore like this.
  4. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

Another months, another 5 dinged corners. When will these subpar boxes with poor outer support flaps go away?

5. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

I didn't even send in a CS email last month when my 3 tracks arrived with bent/dinged corners. I just cannot be bothered lately. Le sigh.

6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

It is getting quite tiresome indeed.

7. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

I probably won't send in an e-mail either, which is why I settled for a forum complaint to at least mildly appease my OCD.

ericj32, bfly, LeeVing and 3 others like this.
  8. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Last month I reported everyone of them. This month however I can't be bothered to be honest, mind you it's only the one.

Tyr likes this.
  9. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

See, I feel like the corner damage is a similar thing to my constant warps. There's definitely a reason for it consistently happening to you guys because I haven't had a single corner ding in like 11 months. I had a few off the top, and since then the shipping packaging has been much much better. Zero issues. (Yes I know I'm doomed now after saying this) but it doesn't make sense coming as far as it does that yours would be worse than mine... there's gotta be something along the chain that's causing it, and a reason that it's not happening to me.

10. DJSJ

DJSJ Well-Known Member

I've had significant corner dings in 5/6 of my last packages. All 5 of those were shipped zero bubble wrap, just the records in the flimsy mailer. Every month I'll email in with pics of the shotty packaging job and the resulting corner dings, if only to let them know that this is continuing to be a problem. Seeing others reporting corner dings I can all but guarantee my package will be banged up.

Is it so hard to use a bit of bubble wrap? Some packages get wrapsonwrapsonwraps and others like me get nada.

I should note that my shipments usually fall in the 4-6 records range.

tvham, BjorgenFjorgen, Skalap and 2 others like this.
  11. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

See this is what I mean, I ALWAYS have bubble wrap on mine, usually once around in each direction. So why do I always get it, and some never do? International maybe?

tvham, Hollywood and JonnyH like this.
  12. DJSJ

DJSJ Well-Known Member

Maybe? I was thinking it might be the amount of records, the SC logic being "Hey, these 4-5 records fit in this mailer nice and snug, no way they'll bang around in there (they will).

ericj32, tvham and Mather like this.
  13. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

Yeah admittedly I USUALLY have a few more than that... But this last month I had 5 and once again it was wrapped up tight. I feel like there must be a note on people's files about extra wrapping or not. It's just been so consistent that I can't believe it's a fluke that mine ALWAYS have it after my first couple dinged shipments a year ago.

DJSJ likes this.
  14. GritNGlitter

GritNGlitter Well-Known Member

It's always the worst when they come up from the south. Much better when the shipments are routed directly to WA, and then down. That 24-48 hours in Troutdale used to kill me.

JonnyH and LeeVing like this.
  15. LeeVing

Mine delivery date got changed at 2AM this morning to today, but there's no movement and it's still just at "info sent to USPS", so I doubt it's coming....maybe by tomorrow, but it could surprise me.

EDIT - ...and USPS tracking is down.

EDIT #2 - working...and USPS just has it as "pre-shipment info"

16. Jeff Lerner

Jeff Lerner Well-Known Member

This should be the title of your debut album

LeeVing, Nathaniel D., bfly and 5 others like this.
  17. BjorgenFjorgen

BjorgenFjorgen Well-Known Member

This was the first month I ever had corner dings too, on two of my four records. Also the first shipment with no bubble wrap whatsoever.

18. LeeVing

yeah...no bubble wrap here, either. Didn't get too banged up to where I would need replacement, tho.

I only had 3 records, so it was in the 1" or so box, which I haven't gotten in a while.

19. Bad Andy

Bad Andy Well-Known Member

Once again, there is an error with my shipment. I swapped this month with Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Blues. (On the first day that I could swap by the way so back in late December). I received shipment notice on the 10th that everything in my box had shipped out (still waiting for it to arrive - supposedly tomorrow). Today I get an email that Ella isn't included because they were oversold. They are offering me the opportunity for another swap, or to extend my membership by one month. I accepted the extension.

Frustrating that this has happened to me twice (same thing when I added Paranoid in the black friday sale - said shipped, and only after I realized it was missing, and sent an email did they issue credit). Why do they say that something shipped when it didn't? Clearly they have a weak link in their procedure that doesn't catch or notify of these things. I also wonder how they determine the order of who gets the few remaining inventory? Is it first ordered - First shipped, or just in whatever picking order it happens to print out that day/week. I continue to be frustrated. Also, why does it take so long to ship out the monthly shipments. Some people receive theirs before mine are even shipped? I know many people are closer, but to me they really need to re-evaluate their system as they continue to grow. I am not sure I will renew when my subscription is up, when these things keep happening.

BjorgenFjorgen, Mather and Hollywood like this.
  20. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

supposedly it is the last ordered gets canceled, however, based on anecdotes on the forum that is rarely the case and your position in the shipping queue seems to be the bigger factor (unless they catch the issue prior to shipping beginning), the issue with the email is VMP doesn't pack the items, their third party distro does and I doubt they have anything in place to inform VMP of the issue

Mather likes this.