Sounds Delicious - Kickstarter For New Vinyl Subscription Of Cover Albums

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by Tillman, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

Kickstarter variant. I tweeted at them, if I don’t hear anything I’ll email.

GritNGlitter likes this.
  2. Woob_woob

Woob_woob Well-Known Member

I enjoy Petty, but not enough to ever buy one of his albums and pretty much feel the same way about Pains, but the mixture of the two is really working for me.

3. GroovesInMiddleAmerica

GroovesInMiddleAmerica Well-Known Member

Just got my pains in the post today, excited to give it a spin

lee newman and Woob_woob like this.
  4. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

Just got an email:

Hi there,

We're excited to close 2018 announcing the 12th release from the SOUNDS DELICIOUS vinyl club for full-length cover albums: Chewing, the brand-new side project of Local Natives' Nik Ewing, covering Dennis Wilson's debut album Pacific Ocean Blue.

The record features Local Natives, Cults, The Gloomies, Chris Chu of POP ETC, Evan Voytas, and Nico Segal.

6 month, 12 month, and recurring subscribers will be receiving the colored variant of this album on sea blue vinyl. 1 and 3 month gifts will get theirs on black vinyl. All copies come with a digital download.

Take a listen to the first two singles from the release, which premiered this morning on Billboard.

Kasey & Matthew

Woob_woob likes this.
  5. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

@MatthewTK : this should be the last album of my kickstarter. Do i have to join regularly afterwards, do Ou contact us or how is it going to be. Are there any chances to continue on the shipping every three releases for intl subscribers?

6. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

you should have been upgraded to 13 because they met a certain goal

Woob_woob and Jan like this.
  7. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

I just thougght the same but could not find it anywhere in the kickstarter. But if you remember it too, i am not making things up

8. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

I also remember it!

EDIT:

Woob_woob likes this.
  9. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

It’s been a year since my 6 month plan ended aaaaaaand still waitin’ on that box.

Bradley, Tillman and Woob_woob like this.
  10. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Ya... I would really love an update on the box. Also some direction on how renewals will work/the future of our subscriptions if you backed via Kickstarter.

Anything you can share, @MatthewTK? :)

11. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

I asked about Kickstarter renewals awhile back and he said they’ll send something out, and that he has a list of the Kickstarter backers. If you get real concerned, he’s awesome about answering emails.

Woob_woob likes this.
  12. Melt Face Molly Drop

I was more concerned with the combo of forgetting about it + address change, but I'm guessing he'll send out an e-mail with confirmation of address once the time comes.

13. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

Since they shop everything out themselves, email is a really good bet. I caught a shipping software blip on my last shipment and was able to email him and get it corrected at the label-created point before it was picked up by the post office.

14. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

I was able to do the same when I moved last year

15. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

True, but I also think it's a good time for an actual announcement to everyone about stuff like that. Also, do we know what happened with 6 month kickstarter subs when those ran out? I'm guessing it'll be a similar process when the 12-month subs run out.

tvham and Woob_woob like this.
  16. Melt Face Molly Drop

Mine just ended after the 6 mos. He told me I'd have to re-up if I wanted to continue on (but wouldn't get the limited ones).

17. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

Yes! If you picked up the 12-month pledge you're actually receiving 13. So your next release (after Chewing feat. Local Natives, etc) will be your last.

After that one ships we'll email you all to encourage you to renew. If you do renew you'll continue to receive the deluxe variant. If you're eager to get it out of the way and/or worried you'll forget/whatever - you can email me about it and I can get you sorted now. We'll just tack on your renewal to your existing account.

And, yeah, we do offer a quarterly shipping option for international subscribers still. It's available through the store so long as you select the "gift subscription" option (as opposed to the recurring subscription). Again, if you have any trouble just email me and I'll get you sorted out.

18. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that this hasn't happened yet myself. Candidly it's been a lot harder to get this produced that we anticipated. Plus it seems like we've hit every issue you can imagine. I still want to make this happen and we know who we owe them to so, when it does get produced, we'll make sure you get them. Sorry for the delays.

Bradley and ThePakoBuelna like this.
  19. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

Hey, you should email me. I'm not sure I remember our discussion but if you re-uped you can get the deluxe variants.

20. Tillman

Tillman Well-Known Member

sorry if I missed it earlier or elsewhere, but any teases for the next round of artists/albums to help get those wallets open?

ThePakoBuelna likes this.