Sounds Delicious - Kickstarter For New Vinyl Subscription Of Cover Albums

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by Tillman, Jun 1, 2016.

1. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

In terms of the process, you will basically have to resubscribe through the website but we'd send you the direct link. Kickstarter doesn't offer us anyway to renew a pledge and they don't give us access to billing info.

But it basically just means creating an order in our payment portal. The only exception - at the moment - is if you selected the reward tier that shipped both the Pairings Box vinyl and the SOUNDS DELICIOUS vinyl. In that case I'd need to create a separate invoice for you through PayPal if you want to continue that (because we don't offer that option publicly yet). FYI, you don't need a PayPal account to pay the invoice if you go that route. They'd just process the payment for us.

Heath likes this.
  2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification on this, because I definitely thought it weird that you wouldn't let someone grandfather into the deluxe variant

MatthewTK likes this.
  3. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

Well.... I'm trying to be super cautious about what we announce in advance and when we announce it. Candidly we have a number of artists who we've had agreements with before we even launched the Kickstarter who we still don't have timelines from. Knowing what I know after our first 12 releases about how long it can take artists to finish their albums, I don't want to get people excited about an album when I don't know if it'll take them 3 months or 2 years to finish up.

We also need to be a little tight lipped because music press are far more likely to write about our releases if they're getting the "scoop" on a new release (which is stupid if you ask me but that's how the industry operates).

Our next release is a full album tribute to an artist that died in early 2018. As a total coincidence, it will probably ship around the anniversary of her death. The band who recorded it released their debut EP through the Pairings Box and has been one of our most popular past releases (I've seen people selling the EP for well over $300).

For the reasons mentioned above, take these next few with a grain of salt as only one of them is far along in the recording process (and is expected to be SD014), several of these have given me a timeline but no demos, and one that hasn't even given me official timeline. These are a few of the bands I'm cautiously optimistic will ship next year though: an album from a critically acclaimed Toronto hardcore band, a Weezer cover album by a Seattle-based indie/dance pop artist who has also appears on a number of best of lists this year, a rootsy take on U2's Joshua Tree, a popular Baltimore band covering arguably the most popular indie band from my hometown of Dayton Ohio, and an album by an acclaimed songwriter who recently appeared in the cast in a TV series. There are a few others in the works but that gives you an idea of what to expect.

4. kickerofelves

kickerofelves Well-Known Member

POLLARD SENSE TINGLING

Beach House does Under the Bushes, Under the Stars? Wye Oak does Isolation Drills? HERE. FOR. IT.

5. sahomerrocks

sahomerrocks Well-Known Member

DRU HILL DOES BEE THOUSAND

6. kickerofelves

SPANK ROCK DOES DEVIL BETWEEN MY TOES

Woob_woob, MatthewTK and sahomerrocks like this.
  7. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

Someone get me Spank Rock's manager on the line... NOW!

8. MatthewTK

MatthewTK Active Member

9. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarifications. Overall i am more than happy with this sub .Actually my wallet is not too happy with me liking the records so much, because i could have made a small fortune selling the kickstarter variants. I actually like that it does move a little slower than once a month because i am always very excited when i get shipping notice for these

Tillman and MatthewTK like this.
  10. sahomerrocks

I would buy the shit out of Turnstile doing a 12 minute version of Mag Earwhig!

Woob_woob and kickerofelves like this.
  11. kickerofelves

How many of the Orioles are alive and can they cover Alien Lanes

12. sahomerrocks

He's fired now but no

Edit: I know this isn't the orioles you meant.

13. kickerofelves

Or... Wasn't it??

Pollard-no-hitter-compressed.png

14. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

@MatthewTK will the album artwork illustrator change again?

Not that I don't like the current artwork - its gorgeous - just curious.

15. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

NO VACATION?!

16. kickerofelves

Just got notified that I have a shipment coming from these folks! Was the latest record ever confirmed?

edit: oh, duh, it's the Dennis Wilson. Neat!

teee and Woob_woob like this.
  17. Tillman

Tillman Well-Known Member

got my Jan VMP and new Sounds Delicious today...a good day for my vinyl subs!

IMG_20190108_172540.jpg
    IMG_20190108_172615.jpg

18. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

Hey @MatthewTK : Did not get any shipping confirmation, yet for 10-12. Do you ship the 4 together weh TK13 is ready now for the intl quaterly option, since it is the last one. ( Which is perfectly fine. just wanna know).

19. kickerofelves

So this one is my new favorite actually. I loved the original album and this one is far out enough while still being obviously in love with the source material. This is why I signed up for this series, actually, more than any of the others (and I have loved a lot of the others for their own reasons).

Tillman and Woob_woob like this.
  20. Tillman

Tillman Well-Known Member

yeah, I really liked this one despite having not being familiar with the original or the covering artist. I really want to listen to it again (which should happen today) to get a better feel for it as well as the original (which I am streaming right now)

Woob_woob likes this.