Src Vinyl Is A Terrible Company

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by NotOneStraw, Apr 22, 2016.

1. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

Here's the transcript for an email I unfortunately was forced to just send them.

Hello,

Since apparently no one at SRC Vinyl cares enough to make and keep a customer, I want to do the following immediately:

Order #100127302 - refund for H2O in the amount of $11.99
    Why? Because I placed this order on 3/17, for a pre-order that was released on 3/31. By 4/21 the items still hadn't shipped, despite this statement right on your own website:

"When do you ship Pre Orders items?
    On occasion we are granted the ability to ship Pre Order PRIOR to the release date, but in general Pre Order are shipped on the day the album is released."

Not even close. And when I placed the order, H2O was available. Lo and behold 5 weeks later it's not. Had it been set aside for my order on the day I placed it, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Order #100129505 - CANCEL THIS ENTIRE ORDER AND REFUND ME $116.17.
    Why? Because no one in your organization knows how to run a business, let alone ensuring that your customers are happy, or at the very least satisfied.

I buy a LOT of vinyl from multiple sources. Rest assured I've taken SRC Vinyl off that list.

I expect a confirmation ASAP that both refunds have been processed. Try to get one thing right, just one thing. Or I'll be forced to contact 1) the Better Business Bureau and file a formal complaint, and 2) my credit card company to decline/deny the charge.

2. thedon0922

thedon0922 Well-Known Member

what was the second order for?

I've heard mixed reviews from them -- not about shipping, but about quality

3. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

2 more Blink 182 pre-orders, and a couple other '90s albums.

I'm bummed because finding those Blink albums is virtually impossible, and very expensive. But this company has their head so far up their collective ass, it's not worth my time and certainly not my money.

4. Xavier

Xavier Member

Ughhhhh, I've been so on the fence about SRC. I made a post on my Instagram account I use for my record collection, asking people about their experiences with SRC, and I heard an equal amount of horror stories and decent experiences, but the former has me concerned. I took a gamble and pre-ordered their translucent blue pressing of Enema of the State by Blink-182, because like you said @NotOneStraw, variants are so hard to come by, and the ones you do see are priced so incredibly high. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst :/

5. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

I hope your experience goes better than mine has @Xavier! What really pissed me off is that my pre-order for Dude Ranch was made on 3/17, released on 3/31, and still hadn't shipped by 4/21 (and still hasn't). Yet people on Discogs were reviewing it with comments about how it arrived on 4/7. I mean, fuck you SRC.

In the lengthy delay, another album I ordered (the H2O) one went from 'in-stock' to 'backordered.' Why they didn't pull one for me when it was in stock, and simply set it aside (since, you know, I had PAID FOR IT) is beyond me. I've ripped them new assholes several times over at this point and plan on crushing their public social media soon (tomorrow, when I'm hungover and grouchy).

6. Vebberim

Vebberim Well-Known Member

I have one horror story with a good ending....... But I think it's somewhere else on the forum.

That being said, usually you're incredibly secure if you order the SRC pressings alone. Ordering other items with your order is more likely to screw up your package.

7. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

I know you're not making excuses for them, just stating what you've experienced, but that just doesn't fly with me. They're a friggin' record store for crying out loud! Don't run an online business if you're unable to do so.

OMFG It's Vico and Vebberim like this.
  8. Vebberim

At this point, you adding another BBB incident report won't phase them... You gotta wait in line with the other 37 reports that they never responded to. At this point, you're either gonna wait for SRC to ship or BBB to actually investigate.

9. Vebberim

Also worth noting..... I practically kiss SRC's ass on Twitter and Instagram and, since then, I haven't had a single problem after that. Quick to reply/fav/retweet.

So, uh....... Hope you like your nose brown.

kvetcha and murso74 like this.
  10. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

I would sooner stab myself in the face with a rusty fork.

I'll just have my credit card cancel the charges and claim fraud on their part.

11. Vebberim

I claimed undelivered goods/services. The next few days were filled with silence, followed by an immediate email refunding me all of my $65.

The next day, the package came in.

thedon0922 and NotOneStraw like this.
  12. thedon0922

So i shouldn't check out the $1,500 in Records in my SRC cart? :rolleyes:

wokeupnew, lee newman and Vebberim like this.
  13. Jake!

Jake! Well-Known Member

SRC is poopy.

14. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

I opened a dispute with PayPal for the first order, and Chase already refunded me for the 2nd order, so again, fuck off SRC

OMFG It's Vico likes this.
  15. thedon0922

how did that not get changed to sticky pudding?

16. Vebberim

The hate for SRC is THAT strong

17. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

it's a secret :cool:

OMFG It's Vico and Vebberim like this.
  18. OMFG It's Vico

OMFG It's Vico Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this.

I had my own AWFUL experience with them recently, and I've wanted to rip them a new one ever since.

Someone here in the forums recommended them (no hard feelings!), and so I placed an order for Sufjan's 10th Anniversary Illinois album. Needless to say, it never showed up.

Early on, I got ONE e-mail response from them, telling me the album didn't ship because they were "busy" over the weekend and to keep an eye on the tracking information. After waiting for updates, which never came, I tried contacting their customer service several more times, and didn't get a single reply.

Even on Twitter, I got one unhelpful response and then NOTHING. Complete bollocks!

Long story short, I filed a dispute with my credit card company, and went to Newbury Comics for the album, which shipped right away.

SRC can go fly a kite.

19. Vebberim

TBH, I think all they do is fly kites instead of ship

20. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with SRC. I've ordered a few things from them and haven't had any issues.

Jonathan Y likes this.