Src Vinyl Is A Terrible Company

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by NotOneStraw, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

2. neo_styles

neo_styles Well-Known Member

LeeVing likes this.
  3. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Guest

I'm in awe that anyone would still support this company.

Woob_woob, mcherry and lee newman like this.
  4. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex New Member

they may have done you a favor there :p

its a fine album, just my least favorite by them. i have the deadbeat sweetheart pressing & just spent $125 on the splatter emotion is dead with the show & acoustic performance ticket

i ordered weezer - pinkerton in mid september, it came out oct 30th..still haven't gotten it. that's the 3rd pre-order i haven't gotten that i'm waiting for a refund on.

5. deltadon

deltadon Well-Known Member

Nah fam, Love is strong. Got Red variant for collection and black to spin. On clearance....

6. neo_styles

Did SRC themselves press Pinkerton? I know it sounds like a broken record (ha!) at this point, but almost all of the horror stories I've heard from SRC orders come from outside-label presses.

Same variant I have. Definitely not the best work they've done musically, but it's a really faithful and energetic pressing.

7. Boba_fret

Boba_fret Member

I just got an email that their Niagara Falls shop is closing in july, but their Toronto store will still be open, so I guess there will no longer be an issue for US customers, as shipping from Canada to the US is absolutely ridiculous.

8. angryalan

angryalan Well-Known Member

Get the fvck out. They are just shooting themselves in both feet.

9. Boba_fret

Boba_fret Member

Screenshot_2017-06-21-10-50-17.png

10. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

Had no idea they even had stores.

Vebberim and Woob_woob like this.
  11. Vebberim

Vebberim Well-Known Member

SRC now has a new payment option: Credit/Debit! Put in your card's numbers and they won't charge you until they ship it out!

So, that means you'll never get charged again.

wokeupnew, Enaz Fox, LeeVing and 2 others like this.
  12. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

I literally thought the same thing when I read this email.

I must have been lucky with my first few purchases through them, but the last 2 have been pretty bad. They need to work on communication or at least get the ability to auto-email when there is a delay, not wait 2 weeks or more after release date before sending out info that something is delayed at the pressing plant.

Or some sort of communication that something they had up for pre-order was released in a limited enough way that they didn't get enough to cover all the orders...which is the way I'm thinking my order of the Limited Edition Eraserhead Soundtrack is going to end up being.

Enaz Fox and Vebberim like this.
  13. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex New Member

going through that now. i pre-ordered something months ago that was released a month ago & still hasn't shipped.

i finally last week got a refund on a pre-order i placed last sept (that came out last oct) & never shipped. hopefully that doesn't happen again. it'd be the 5th order i needed a refund on after waiting months. the kicker is they still list all these albums on their site for anyone else to order & never get.

14. neo_styles

Not sure when the release date changed, but looks like both Enema of the State and TEOATTC are pushed back to Sept 15.

On a related note, any word on whether they hold onto the color variant you preordered if another item in your order gets pushed back? Pretty sure the answer is no, but figured I'd ask.

15. angryalan

angryalan Well-Known Member

I'm super annoyed at the Mudvayne being pushed back. I have seen copies of it on Discogs already and this is now the second release date change.

If you order two items and one is a preorder they will always wait until the preorder is in (if it ever is) before shipping both out. You basically have to place separate orders if you ever do that. Or suffer the hassle of dealing with their customer service trying to split the order and still have to pay for extra shipping. Or, just never order from SRC again.

16. Haas

Haas Well-Known Member

Ordered an album in March and it was never sent. I got annoyed and requested a refund. Well, I just received a refund on Tuesday and now on Thursday their email states "in stock and ready to ship"

Sigh.

lee newman likes this.
  17. neo_styles

Well, realized that the copy of Copeland's In Motion ran out of stock and the next run won't be ready until November now, so went digging for solutions.

Is it just me or have they finally added the option to split orders??? I submitted a ticket to split between what's in stock and what's still in "preorder" status. We'll see what happens.

18. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

SRC is still around?

19. BTsBaboonFarm

BTsBaboonFarm Member

SRC has some issues - mainly on their preorders. They can't seem to get through production to delivery in a reasonable amount of time.

But, I will say I've been happy with the few SRC exclusive releases I've purchased; especially from their SRC HiFi Mastering Series where they've put out stuff Kevin Gray and Stan Ricker (RIP) worked on.

lee newman likes this.
  20. neo_styles

HOLY CRAP I GOT A RESPONSE. Just asking me if I was willing to pay the extra in shipping and, if so, I'd be invoiced for it.

There is hope.