Src Vinyl Is A Terrible Company

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by NotOneStraw, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

Bumping this....You got your Mudvayne, yes??

It was ok. Stan Ricker cutting it is nice, but I don't hear much difference between it and the MOV pressing. The MOV has a cooler embossed sleeve.

2. LeeVing

I still have an outstanding pre-order of the Eraserhead Soundtrack. It wasn't an SRC release, but they still had it as a pre-order. It's been sold-out for a while now and I haven't seen a refund or anything.

I asked them what was happening with this and wasn't told much of anything...the usual spiel about limited pressings. I pre-ordered well in advance, so they must not have received enough to cover the orders.

Enaz Fox likes this.
  3. MotorCityWax

MotorCityWax Well-Known Member

I bought the Quicksand and Jimmy Eat World reissues from them with no shipping issues. Bought some stuff during a sale another time and it was fine. The only thing that strikes me is the poor quality of detail to the art on the reissues - the Quicksand covers were very low quality and they actually issued a new version of the cover as a new edition. Poor planning.

4. angryalan

angryalan Well-Known Member

Yea, it was delivered on Saturday.. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

5. debaser

debaser Member

I did a preorder last October, the title never showed and when I inquired they said it was delayed and cancelled and refunded my order.

I figured I was done with them and then last week I rec'd a notification that the title was ready to ship (5 months later!!!) and I double checked, I was charged again.

Waiting almost a week for a response, just tried again and looked at tracking, the title will arrive today...they've not cancelled the shipment, nor have they refunded me yet.

6. Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack Well-Known Member

damn that's shady AF

lee newman likes this.
  7. swamp

swamp Well-Known Member

Time to call PayPal or your credit card company and report the charge as unauthorized.

Juiceless and lee newman like this.
  8. debaser

debaser Member

...and I was unable to get my concierge in my condo to refuse the shipment in time, they had signed for it already. :(

SRC have come back saying I can return it for a refund but I have to do so on my dime and it has to be in perfect condition.
    Too much fuckery with them, I won't buy from them ever again.

9. YimYames

YimYames Well-Known Member

I don’t know, but refunding you then 5 months later forcing another transaction on your account seems illegal, to me. Wtf?

10. swamp

swamp Well-Known Member

It can be good to vent and express frustration but, really, nothing they say matters or is even worth thinking about too much. Call your credit card company or PayPal and let them know you received an unauthorized transaction and shipment and they'll tell you what your actual options are. Don't waste too much time posting about it online or thinking about the missed timing with the concierge or how awful SRC is, etc etc. Call, pick your best option, get your money back, and get back to living the good life.

11. mcherry

mcherry Spam Slayer ☠️ & Moderator Extraordinaire

I was bored and I read through this whole thread, lol

12. LeeVing

Nice.

They ended up cancelling that Eraserhead order as they didn't get in as many as they were suppose to. I got store credit and got one record back then (Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out), but still have $15 in credit that I haven't bothered to use.

I don't really need any Blink 182 and their prices just seem to be inflated for what they are selling.

I did end up finding a new copy of the Eraserhead S/T at a local store...so that was nice.

lee newman, GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
  13. CrazyDiamond84

CrazyDiamond84 Well-Known Member

As long as they keep pressing much needed and great sounding Local H records, I don't care how shitty their CS is

LeeVing, GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
  14. LeeVing

I've thought about picking them up, but wasn't too sure they were good. Maybe someday I'll buy those.

GritNGlitter likes this.
  15. BjorgenFjorgen

BjorgenFjorgen Well-Known Member

Just found this thread. I ordered the Thrice reissues on the weekend, having never heard of this company before. A little worried now.

16. Sanders

Sanders Well-Known Member

I have 2 records from SRC (Silverchair and AAR). They are two of the nicest quality pressings I've ever received. Beautiful, flat, high range audio, and gorgeous, sturdy gatefolds. Both arrived a week before the release date. This thread is nearly 3 years old. I'm sure that they have improved.

BjorgenFjorgen likes this.
  17. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

I mean their physical stores all went out of business in the meantime.

Good luck @BjorgenFjorgen let us know!

18. Vebberim

Vebberim Well-Known Member

I mean, SRC has really picked up their customer service side of things since the years have gone by. I won’t swear by them but I’ve only been wronged one time out of the, what, five times I’ve shopped? And even then I got my items.