Src Vinyl Is A Terrible Company

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by NotOneStraw, Apr 22, 2016.

1. angryalan

angryalan Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait. Is MOV releasing their own clear with black smoke version?
    I is confuse.

lee newman likes this.
  2. Vebberim

Vebberim Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes they are. Mastered by MOV, pressed in Europe.

3. neo_styles

neo_styles Well-Known Member

Aren't we talking about different albums? You posted Lost & Found. SRC is repressing TEOATTC

4. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

Vebberim and neo_styles like this.
  5. angryalan

This would be the first pressing of TEOATTC actually.

I was going to say... I bought the clear w/ blue smoke a month ago for $15.
    Seems weird that MOV is releasing their own version when it's already in clear w/ black smoke. At least make it an alternate color.

6. Vebberim

The big takeaway here is that SRC did it first but because of the reputation, people will flock to MOV

lee newman likes this.
  7. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex New Member

i hate that this is my first post here. but i've had a heck of a time with these people.

i'm still waiting on something i pre-ordered in mid september, that came out the end of october last year.

other things i've ordered knowing they said '1-2 week backorder' only to wait 6+ months to be told they don't expect them to come back in stock & ask if i want a refund. the worst part is some of these items they're saying i should take a refund on are still on their website & i even saw one included in a recent email blast along with the artists other albums. i feel like its a crappy practice to still advertise items 1-2 weeks backordered when they haven't been in stock for the almost 10 months i've been waiting. & especially that i've had 3 things i pre-ordered not be fulfilled.

as it stands i'm waiting for a refund on 5 things that i requested weeks ago and weeks go by between responses, most recently told that they are behind on processing refunds.

8. angryalan

They are seriously lacking in the customer service department. This is horrible business practice.

As @Vebberim would point out, don't buy anything there unless it is an SRC exclusive pressing. Even then, someone else might pick up some copies (Bullmoose, MOV, etc.)

Vebberim likes this.
  9. swamp

swamp Well-Known Member

If they are seriously lagging on a refund and you paid via PayPal, just open a refund request via their claim system. If SRC don't get to it because of reasons, PayPal will auto-close the claim in your favor and you'll get your refund immediately after that. Helps you get your money and helps SRC automate the refund and lighten their long and daunting refund queue.

deltadon and lee newman like this.
  10. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex New Member

the problem is i am owed a refund on 5 different vinyl across 3 different orders that i got the rest delivered on, so i can't dispute the whole charge.

11. swamp

swamp Well-Known Member

It's been a hot minute since I needed to file a claim or process a refund via a claim but I'm pretty sure you can open a claim on an order for being incomplete (or on 3 incomplete orders) as long as it is within the timeframe they give for orders. If anything, and maybe this is where your hesitation comes from on an ethical level, if SRC don't reply at all, you'll get ALL your money back. If they do reply, they can set a partial refund amount and then you agree to it and PayPal processes that amount. But, if you have been waiting months for help and it hasn't come, I would be less sympathetic about avoiding a scenario where their inactivity gives you all your money back. Just my 2 cents.

12. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex New Member

thats true. i did hear back last saturday saying they are behind on refunds. but it has been almost 6 weeks since she said she needed to get manager approval to process the refund. so i'm kind of losing patience given they had my money for some of these for upwards of 9 months..& that i'm disappointed i am not getting things i pre-ordered

i appreciate the input.

13. DevonJD

DevonJD Well-Known Member

I've had problems with getting a refund from them. Their customer service is very poor. That said, I've had more "regular" experiences there than bad.

14. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member

My only complaint is a lack of feedback when there is an issue or delay in a pre-order.

It was a week over-due when I was finally sent an email saying Mudvayne - The End of All Things To Come

was going to be delayed about a month and a half.

As for pressings or any other issues with their product, I haven't had any, yet.

15. deltadon

deltadon Well-Known Member

The Juliana Theory pressing of Love was delayed almost a year. They are THE worst company to deal with. They need to work on communication.

16. Vebberim

I'm surprised about the Page Avenue release -- they gave me an email BEFORE the release date. I think it's sad that I'm getting the "actual business" part of SRC when everyone else gets shit.

neo_styles and LeeVing like this.
  17. neo_styles

I did as well. Think I received emails for both that and Mudvayne. Maybe they're finally taking a turn?

Honestly, could it have been more dramatic than the NIN preorders? Absolutely.

18. angryalan

LeeVing likes this.
  19. neo_styles

I'm not going to sweat anything unless SRC goes completely silent after July 14th (when Enema of the State is due out). That's the furthest-out preorder on that invoice...which is, ironically, the same date TEOATTC is now due

20. LeeVing

LeeVing Well-Known Member