Storf December ROTM AMA

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by Storf, Nov 27, 2018.

1. MadLucas

MadLucas Well-Known Member

@Storf I am kicking myself for missing out on the RL Burnside a while back (my first month was Menomena). In a similar vein, I am also a proud owner of a VMP Junior Kimbrough from a few years back.

I was wondering if there were any plans to do any more Burnside, Kimbrough, or maybe some T-Model Ford either as exclusives or through the Classics track. I realize that most of their output would be considered more modern releases, but it could be argued that the spirit and execution of their performances would fit them right in alongside Muddy Waters or Little Milton. In particular, an album like Kimbrough's "Sad Days Lonely Nights" is as classic as any blues album of the last 60 years.

turbo, panino, Nathaniel D. and 2 others like this.
  2. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

YES! These are two of my favorite VMP Exclusives ever released! You have exquisite taste and I wholeheartedly support this question.

turbo, panino, Nathaniel D. and 3 others like this.
  3. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

I mean, no immediate plans but they're always out there

4. Selaws

Selaws Well-Known Member

@Storf When the Classics were first announced I wasn't in the position to be able to afford another sub. Im now slowly working through getting all of the past Classic ROTM's and seeing that John Lee Hooker has sold out and it doesn't look like its going to be repressed (is this correct?), which would you suggest I pick up first to reduce the risk of missing out? Cheers.

5. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

Classics are selling out basically in order of them coming out, except for Miles Davis/Coltrane. So get the oldest stuff.

6. Selaws

Selaws Well-Known Member

Brilliant. Cheers, I will start from the beginning then. Loving what I have so far. I’d go as far as saying I prefer them to the essentials and R&HH