The Beatles.

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by DavidA, May 29, 2015.

1. dbarila

dbarila Well-Known Member

Mono Masters is a basically a compilation of all the non-albums singles correct?

2. Phaneronic

Phaneronic Well-Known Member

Yep, it's the mono version of Past Masters and worth having for the mono mix of "Revolution" alone.

:D

3. JoeMac7

JoeMac7 Well-Known Member

Mostly. It’s past masters in mono but they’ve taken off the stereo only tracks from the Let it Be era and replaced them with the rare Mono versions of the songs from side 1 of Yellow Submarine.

4. JoeMac7

JoeMac7 Well-Known Member

You’re not half right! Amazing version! Plus getting it and Past Masters, I know, I have a problem, means I finally have a version of Rain on vinyl. I love that song!

I edited quickly there, really no idea why I said wrong the first time around, weird...

5. dbarila

Dammit, I regret not getting into these Mono Mixes sooner. Who wants to just sell me their Beatles mono box for $50?

6. Phaneronic

Not hapenin.' :p

7. dbarila

I could go as high as $52. Final offer!

8. 4634Pieces

4634Pieces Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. After looking around the net it seems like I'll only be able to get my hands on revolver and mono masters, everything else seems to cost an arm and a leg now.
    Should have just bought the box when it was available.

9. tvham

tvham Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a mono version of the White Album, this is the guy who sold me A Hard Day's Night...I offered him $35 on a $53 or best offer and he took it, maybe can get a good price on this?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/875865708

10. tvham

tvham Well-Known Member

Actually...it looks like there are a few sellers on Discogs with the White Album still at a reasonable price. Carry on!

11. 4634Pieces

Anyone have feedback on magical mystery tour? Probably my favourite album, worth dropping probably closer to $100 after shipping to Canada?

12. BenMal

BenMal Well-Known Member

Really stickying pudding excited for the Let It be doc. I am a huge documentary fan, but an even huger music doc fan. Also all in for a super lengthy one. I love when they give a lot of time to one band. That 4 hour (or whatever it was) Grateful Dead documentary? Fantastic.

This is all just about Let It Be, whose recording sessions seemed to be widely misunderstood, so it'll be nice to have a bunch of footage. Also I tried to watch that original documentary a couple of years ago, but the version I found looked so terrible I just gave up and never finished it, so it'll be nice to have a cleaned up version.

13. Phaneronic

UH Except for the extended outro on “Strawberry Fields Forever” and the lack of the back-masked passages on “Blue Jay Way”* I don't recall that much difference either in terms of mix or sound quality although the packaging, mastering and pressing are all big steps up over the 2012 stereo. Might need to re-listen to the mono but I don't know if I'd go for it above anything else Rubber Soul - White Album.

*Yes, a lack of a mix element on the mono rather than stereo. Surprisingly doesn't change the feel very much, and one of the few instances where big mix differences produces results of equal merit, to me at least.

14. 4634Pieces

Thank you. That is super useful info, sounds like it'd be a nice listen but not worth the $ in the long run. I think if I double dip on the white album it'll be the newest stereo mix, everyone seems to be raving about it.

15. Mr Moore

Mr Moore Well-Known Member

16. uvwxVinyl

uvwxVinyl Well-Known Member

17. Mr Moore

Wow, that went fast, about £1250/$1600 I think.

18. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

butting in here, but when I saw the last RofT movie in theaters I really had to go to the bathroom about the time the ring went into Mt Doom. The several false endings nearly killed me.

I am pretty excited about the forthcoming documentary and that Let It Be will also be released, hoping there will be a bundle

19. Mr Moore

Any serious collectors looking for a 'second state' Yesterday and Today? Eil have one for £495 at the moment. The vinyl is in poor condition.

THE_BEATLES_YESTERDAY+AND+TODAY+-+2ND+STATE+-+VG--151499.jpg

They also have a 'third state' one that successfully had the paste on removed for £2k

THE_BEATLES_YESTERDAY+AND+TODAY+-+3RD+STATE+-+MONO-579237.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  20. AnthonyI

AnthonyI Well-Known Member

As a Beatles fan this is one of those things that would be very cool to own, but a much better "Accidental" find. I can think of a lot of other things to spend that kind of money on :)