Uk Members

Discussion in 'Europe' started by tramplovell, May 11, 2015.

1. tramplovell

tramplovell New Member

How many of us UK members are there on here?

Pollastro and Mrpook like this.
  2. Little_Green

Little_Green New Member

I've just signed up.

Pollastro, Mrpook and tramplovell like this.
  3. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

I signed up last month too, pretty chuffed with everything so far, super ape was a quality choice, amazing customer service too from the VMP crew.

Pollastro likes this.
  4. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

How long have you been a member?

5. Pollastro

Pollastro Member

Hi Mrpook, me and my mate signed last month, too. Love the whole package! So well put together and thought out. Excellent value, really. Take it easy

6. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

Yeah @Pollastro I'm feeling blessed with all the new music I'm being introduced to, discovered monster rally and hundred waters through these guys, me and my mate been trying to guess next week's record too lol, you got any thoughts on it?

Pollastro likes this.
  7. Pollastro

Pollastro Member

Hi Pook, looks like all bets are off and it's a re-issue of Wilco's debut..? A case in point, a band I know but not well and not something I'd buy. I really like 'someone' choosing new music for me once a month.

8. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

Hmmm I've never heard of wilco, I was expecting a bigger band, I'll give it a listen but after the preview I just had I think that'll be one for Discogs, I thought to myself they're gonna have trouble in my eyes topping super ape!

9. captainfog

captainfog A Prince Among Men And Moderators

Wilco are a big deal tbh. They probably have more traction in America, but I'm surprised you haven't at least heard their name before.

10. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

@captainfog Yeah I think they're more known stateside than in the uk, a few peeps I asked had never heard of them either and I asked a range of people, they've never come up on my radar, I will give the album a serious listen, it may grow on me.

captainfog likes this.
  11. captainfog

As discussed elsewhere its far from their best album. You might even describe Yankee Hotel Foxtrot as seminal. It's certainly widely considered to be a masterpiece.

12. Pollastro

Pollastro Member

Wilco are a band I respect more than like but this is the reason I love VMP already. I want to be pushed, pulled and coerced by new artists and also familiar ones that I wouldn't normally listen to. I'm so surprised you've not heard of them Mrpook as they're huge in the UK.

13. Thackeraye

Thackeraye Well-Known Member

Been a member since the start of the year - based in Glasgow.

Mrpook likes this.
  14. Halo 2

Halo 2 Well-Known Member

yeah I'm K

15. Mrpook

Mrpook Member

Oh yeah for sure I'll happily give the album a listen, I love being introduced to new music although wasn't so taken by that Jens lekman album they supplied, but as I say, I asked a whole range of people and no one had heard of wilco, in my eyes they can't be very big in the uk, maybe a cult following but even looking up their highest album positions in the uk charts for the albums they produced, none broke in to the top ten, or top 20

16. mutem

mutem Member

Hey fellow Brits / Europeans - how was your VMP experience this past month following the Saddle Creek logistics changes? Just curious if anyone else noticed a difference or if it was just me...

17. Thackeraye

Too early to tell I think. My delivery notice was probably a little later than normal, but definitely within the normal range. I was on holiday for my delivery, but all looks OK.

18. mutem

mutem Member

My package arrived last week. It was delayed in getting over here as it took a detour through Canada, then back to the States, before being sent to Glasgow. Upon arrival the box was split at the side and all 5 LPs were badly damaged. The little air pouches they use as padding were all deflated, so the LPs had been banging about in the box for a few weeks. VMP were quick to replace, but I felt the need to ask on the forums as I am curious if my issue was an isolated incident or indicative of a larger pattern. Hopefully it is just an one-off!

19. Thackeraye

I never looked at the tracking on mine, but I got my notification on or around the 15th of Nov, so the package probably hit Glasgow that Saturday. I only ever buy 1 add on (2 at the very most), so my shipment always comes in the black VMP holder which seems to stand up pretty well to the shipping process.

20. captainfog

Mine went from NY to the UK. I'd say there was just under a week between notification and delivery.