What's In The Box!?

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by Unlacqua, Mar 8, 2018.

1. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

Yeah I already had an open ticket with them for 4 damages from last month that replacements still haven't arrived (supposed to be in this box) and now appear to oversold after being given as swap options. Paul said he’d f/u with by EOD two days ago and its been silence.

But yes, SC is terrible. All my issues with VMP are from them, and the awful inventory system. I wouldnt even mind the delay that much if I wasnt confident half my box will be damaged again or more items will be missing.

2. NathanRicaud

NathanRicaud Well-Known Member

upload_2019-3-14_21-51-47.gif

3. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

I’ve never had it not delivered by the post office. Like I said, anything is possible.

4. Crabbers

Crabbers Well-Known Member

Mine is about 50/50....regardless I’m getting pretty antsy shit will be funked up

5. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

It’s really not shocking. They have a knack for picking great music, their business acumen is severely lacking. Customer service on the front end is non existent and customer service on the back end used to be a bright spot. @Luke is a prime example of how that has fallen short recently.

6. NathanRicaud

yeah, I feel really sorry for @Luke who has to deal with that mess. VMP’s communication with Luke seems to be lacking empathy and urgency and maybe that’s because VMP’s customer service is understaffed, but that’s not an excuse.

I’ve recently emailed Secretly Store three times. Twice to swap my ROTM for two separate months and another time for a different question and they got back to me literally within a few hours every time I emailed them. Makes me really notice the difference because both companies are selling vinyl yet one company is taking around 2 weeks to respond to me and the other is taking 2 hours.....

But I do agree with you, they have amazing picks, and VMP are a generous company and try to make things right. However, they take so long to respond and as a result, things are overselling and the timing of people’s orders getting dealt with/inventory is a mess.

@Enoch - I hope VMP liked your application and have interviewed/will interview you because you already have a great insight into the company and how things work. You even see how customer’s feel towards VMP’s communication whether it’s good or bad. You would be such a great communicator and I just pray that you end up working for VMP in the near future!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:16 AM
  7. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

This. I feel bad badmouthing it because Paul seems like a genuine great dude who wants to help everyone but the slow response times, even when a ticket is open, is too slow to be able to “make things right”. The CS has only added to my frustration this past month

8. NathanRicaud

Yeah, Paul is such a nice guy, I love him! Just unfortunate that VMP don’t have more staff helping out in the customer service department. It would relieve the stress off Paul and Kathleen heaps!

Whenever I do labouring and I’m doing a job that’s understaffed, I hate it because I have extra pressure on me and need to move super quick without making mistakes. It’s the worse. I hope Paul and Kathleen still feel at ease with their role, even if it takes a bit longer with responses because I would not want those lovely people to go through that kind of stress!

But yeah.....crazy how slow the customer service is for a company that’s so reputable and big!

9. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

They hired someone else, SS is a way smaller club in fairness

10. hlaveta

hlaveta Well-Known Member

Same.:cautious:

ThePakoBuelna likes this.
  11. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

True but they should have a support staff big enough to support their customer base. VMP prioritized Growth over customer experience so all the shipment and fulfillment issues got worse while keeping the support staff the same, so now even the one thing that made those issues somewhat tolerable has had a steep decline in quality.

ThePakoBuelna and lee newman like this.
  12. Jeff Lerner

Jeff Lerner Well-Known Member

My 3 Ft. High has a slight corner ding. You're right, it should be perfect, but there's a part of me that feels petty asking for a replacement for minor damage. I've asked for replacements in the past where the corners were really bad, but this isn't really bad. Where does one draw the line? Anything short of mint?

ThePakoBuelna and Hollywood like this.
  13. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

I'm generally cool with corner dings, slight warps, smaller seam splits, etc. Pretty much the stuff that happens alot from shipping/producing vinyl. I'm not planning to resell so that stuff is no big deal to me and would drive me crazy if I asked for replacements every time.

Bigger corner (or anywhere else) crunches and severe warps are where I definitely ask for replacements.

14. Colonel_Angus

Colonel_Angus Well-Known Member

You are the customer and only you decide what your threshold of acceptance is. You should never feel bad if a product you receive is less than what you feel you deserve.

15. Satchmo2go

Satchmo2go Well-Known Member

Same

16. ponman2003

ponman2003 Well-Known Member

I WANT MORE CHEESE

feesrevenge and ThePakoBuelna like this.
  17. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

I agree, but just adding context

ThePakoBuelna, lee newman and wynn72 like this.
  18. NathanRicaud

Did you get interviewed? I’m curious to know because i believe that if you got interviewed, VMP would be more than happy to hire you because of your professional behaviour, transparent mentality, creative mind and general love for vinyl and VMP.

19. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

Nope

NathanRicaud and ThePakoBuelna like this.
  20. NathanRicaud

That’s a bit heart-breaking actually :(

Well if you ever apply again for VMP because of a job opening there, feel free to hit me up and I’ll help out and customise your resume. I’ve been with around 12 different companies (not including moving around warehouses for one agency, otherwise that’s around 50 different companies I’ve worked at), and I’ve worked for some reputable companies etc

I have a really good resume that’s contemporary and vibrant and I always tailor it to the company / job I apply for. I am more than happy to tailor your resume for you if you ever apply for VMP. You don’t have to use it, but you might like it!

Plus, I would be making you sound so good on your resume. I feel like maybe you don’t give yourself enough credit and maybe that’s why you didn’t get interviewed or maybe your resume was visually boring.

Just frustrates me because you would be the best thing to happen to VMP if you worked there. I know that sounds like a big stretch to say, but I honestly believe it will make the biggest difference if you worked for VMP. Imagine how much this community alone would benefit from it...

Chris V, WMEugene and ThePakoBuelna like this.